[cvsnt] Re: Distributing load across several CVS servers(Transparent Proxy)

Paul Kramer kramicus at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 17:37:34 GMT 2004

Hello,

I've thought about, but not prototyped the idea of accomplishing remote/distributed development with CVS by cloning the master repository for each of the remote sites, and then sync by way of vendor branches. Any thoughts about that?

Paul

Lahav Savir <LahavS at ixi.com> wrote:
The main issue is that check-outs / updates are much faster
especially when you have many developers working on the same repository.

So in that case commits take little longer, but you can commit them to
the local server and not change the CVSROOT for committing to Master
server.

Lahav