[cvsnt] cvs update does not descend into subdirectories with different CVSROOT

Werner Weiling Werner.Weiling at agile.com
Mon Dec 13 13:21:41 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm using CVSNT 2.0.58d on Windows XP together with a Solaris CVS
1.11.17 server with pserver access method.

In my directory tree exist various subdirectories from different
repositories e.g. (R1 and R2 are different CVSROOT)

A (R1)
|-> A1 (R1)
     |-> A1a (R1)
     |-> A1b (R1)
|-> A2 (R1)
|-> B1 (R2)
     |-> B1a (R2)

With the current version CVS doesn't descend into a repository which is
different to the one where I have started.
If you're in A and execute a 'cvs update -P -d' cvs will descend into A1
and A1a but not into B1!

But with the CVSNT 2.0.41a version it works like expected (also as on UNIX).

Is this a migration issue to a newer version?
I've checked the newsgroup and noticed that there have been some changes
in 2.0.44 for the repository prefix mechanism which required some
registry settings.
As far as I've learned the installation routine is doing it
automatically but it seems to fail for me (because it doesn't work).

Do you have any idea or hints what to do?

Thanks,
Werner