[cvsnt] Gssapi and Active Directory

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Dec 15 19:28:57 GMT 2004

Koch-Luerding, Rainer RD-AS5 wrote:

> Hello list.
>
> Is there someone who uses gssapi (:gserver:) with Active directory ?
> And can tell me how to configure it?
>
> The environment :
> Cvsnt-Server is W2K an release 2.0.58d, Clients are under Redhat Linux
> Ver 7 an 9 an WinXP.
>
> The UNIX error messages are
> Cvs ls: GSSAPI authentication failed: Miscellaneous failure
> Cvs [ls aborted]:GSSAPI authentication failed: Server not found in
> kerberos database

This says the client could not get a ticket for the cvs/<FQDN-of-server>@<realm>
Did you ever add this to AD? The server then needs access to the key
for this account.

  (I have not run cvsnt this way, but have used the cvs-1.12.7 server on
Solaris with the MIT gssapi, AD as the KDC and cvsnt as the clients.
On unix you create a keytab file for the server.)