[cvsnt] cvs checkout : permission denied

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Dec 20 16:51:59 GMT 2004

Two items:
Windows 2003
It is pretty locked down such that it is not always possible to
execute the cmd.exe file to get a command prompt. But that does not
affect people working on the W2003 console though (I think).

Client only
I ahve not myself installed tyhe CVS client with WinCvs, at least
not after version 1.2, because I always have a CVSNT server running
on my workstation PC:s for local versioning an dtesting. So I just
point WinCvs to use the cvs.exe that handles the server.

But in any case the strange value for the temp folder *must* be
stored somewhere!

I suggest you look in these places:

HKLM\Software\CVS\Pserver
HKCU\Software\WinCvs\wincvs
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

Or search the registry for C:\WINNT\TEMP...

/Bo