[cvsnt] Re: Major problems with CVSNT 2.0.58d

Ralf Steinhaeusser stralf at gmx.net
Tue Dec 21 14:55:10 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:
> What are the NTFS permissions on your repository and CVS temp directory?
>  It sounds like there's a file system permissions issue in there.  Make
> sure that the users have full control of the files and still get full
> control on new files (there are separate settings).  If you aren't sure,
> just give them full control to the base directory of the repository and
> the CVS temp directory and everything within them, resetting existing
> permissions.

You are right. I set the CVSNT=nontsec and resetted all file permissions
(which was not so easy, some files suddenly belonged to one of the users
and even when I logged in as Admin I couldn't reset the file permissions).

I also downgraded to 2.0.51a.

And after all that everything works.
Finally.

Is there a change log for CVSNT where I can see if downgrading to
2.0.51a is a security risk for our sourcecodes?

(I don't know how long you are using Mantis as bugtracker, but If you
would upgrade it to Version 0.19.x you would get a change log out of it
automatically.)