[cvsnt] Re: Purge file history because of user CVS utilisation error...

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Dec 21 16:08:53 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

>> That user will never need coming back to old release, so i would like to
>> suppress the old revisions of many of theses files...
>>
>> How could i do thing without breaking everything ?
>
> You can use the admin -o command, but it is destructive:  You can NEVER
> get those versions back, so be careful when running it.

That's actually something I really miss in cvsnt: an option to mark a file
so that the repository keeps only the last version (of all branches) and
possibly any tagged versions.

Reason is that sometimes I have large (binary) files in the project
structure that I need there and that I need to share with other developers
(or that I simply want there for backups), but for which I don't really
need a version history. Deleting the history manually is a pain.

Gerhard