[cvsnt] Re: Purge file history because of user CVS utilisatio n error...

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Tue Dec 21 16:20:38 GMT 2004

> From: Gerhard Fiedler [mailto:lists at connectionbrazil.com]
>
> That's actually something I really miss in cvsnt: an option
> to mark a file
> so that the repository keeps only the last version (of all
> branches) and
> possibly any tagged versions.

Something I have been thinking about is an 'archive' command that would not
delete revisions the way that admin -o would do, but simply mark them as
archived. Any revisions marked as archived would then be ignored by commands
such as cvs log etc, and the resulting output would be the same as if they
had been deleted. By specifying an extra parameter on the cvs log command
you could then retrieve archived revisions too.

Does anyone think that something like this would be useful?

Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QN, UK

Scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.