[cvsnt] regarding the setup of cvsnt and wincvs

ankush grover ankush174 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 05:12:17 GMT 2004

Hey,

I am working as system administrator in a software company.I loaded CVSNT on a XP Pro machine and on another XP Pro machine i installed WinCVS,but whenever i try to log from  the WinCVS through pserver authentication into the CVSNT server i get an error message that is if the ipaddress of the CVSNT machine is 192.168.1.5 and the user name is ankush.
Whenever i try to login into the CVSNT server machine  I get the following error.

"[Login aborted]:Connect to 192.168.1.5:2401 failed.No valid respositories roots defined , aborting"

I want to know the cause of the error and if possible tell me what to do so that i can avoid this error.

On all the XP machines Service Pack 2 of XP is installed which has inbuilt firewall,but the port 2401 and port 2402 on the machines are allowed.I am first time installing CVSNT and WinCvs.

Please guide me what to do so that i can avoid this error.

I am using Domain User accounts to login into the CVS server.This is the first time i have
installed the CVSNT and Wincvs.

If you need any other inputs please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush