[cvsnt] Re: Upgrading to 2.0.58d

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Dec 28 07:06:58 GMT 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:32:51 +0200, "Nitzan Shaked"
<calius at netvision.net.il> wrote:

>I am about to get a new server on which I'll have to install CVSNT from
>scratch. My current server is running 2.0.34 and I thought this might be a
>good opportunity to upgrade to 2.0.58d. However, I see that a small number
>of people have had problems with it. I've read through the posts and can't
>come to a conclusion: is 2.0.58d "good" or not? Some have reverted to
>2.0.51, some have stayed with 2.0.58d and fixed some permission problem or
>others. Still others complain about upgrade-ability of the repositories (or
>did I get that part wrong?).

If you are one of the "small number" that make use of the taginfo
script to send email or otherwise do some action on tag operations
then you might want to wait for 2.0.62.
Reason: there is a bug that makes cvsnt not supply the involved file
names to the taginfo script correctly. It has been solved in
2.0.62.1817, which is available for testing but has not yet been
designated the stable version.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)