[cvsnt] I can't set permissions for a module just imported

capaverde at 3ia.com.br capaverde at 3ia.com.br
Thu Dec 30 11:28:08 GMT 2004

Hello

Testing the CVSNT 2.0.62.1817, I found a new (at least, to me)
behavior that seems incorrect. I just imported a new module to my
test repository and listed the directory's ACL:

cvs lsacl
Directory: .
Owner: T00363

Fine. Then I try to set permission for it:

cvs chacl -u t00363 -a read,write
cvs server: User 'T00363' cannot modify permissions for /cvsroot/bky

In 2.0.51d, that is the version we are currently using, only the
admin users and the directory's owner can change the ACL.
In 2.0.62.1817, the only way to change the ACL is giving admin
rights to user. I know that now anyone who has control rights can
set the ACL, but how do I do it first time after module's import,
as no ordinary user have permissions yet?
My CVSROOT is :sspi:localhost:/cvsroot

capaverde