[cvsnt] Help: CVSNT and System crashing

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 3 02:45:21 GMT 2004

Kleber Teraoka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´ve installed cvsnt in my windows 2000 machine and I´m getting a
> terrible crash when I try to login on the CVS server. I also got this
> when trying to tag a version. I´m using the pserver protocol.
>
> When I try to login, the server machine pops up a message box pointing
> an error to the file winnt/system32/lsass.exe. Then the System starts a
> 1 min countdown to reboot the server, indicating error code 1073807364.
>
> In the client machine I get this message:
> "cvs switch to user failed due to configuration error"

There's something interfering with the LSA helper on your machine...
interference from another app is totally fatal at the level that that
has to run at.

For now just type cvsservice -unreglsa to remove it (or just deselect it
in the cvsnt installer).  It's probably fubar pserver impersonation, but
without a lot of debugging tools it's probably not possible to do
anything else at this point.