[cvsnt] Help: CVSNT and System crashing

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Tue Feb 3 12:06:15 GMT 2004

> From: Kleber Teraoka [mailto:behzinho at hotmail.com]
> I´m afraid it´s the AVG anti-virus. I turned it off and
> apparently I´m not getting the fatal error anymore.

AVG breaks a *lot* of services - I was getting bluescreens with AVG + SQL Server 2000.  I would not recommend using AVG - free or pay - with a server; I don't think they've got it right yet.

> BTW, what´s the relation between the two (cvsnt/antivirus)?

One word: Don't.

I believe some people on this list are reporting success with Norton *if* you turn off the on-demand scanning on the CVSNT directories *and* you exclude them from the list of directories to be on-demand scanned.  There may be other success stories, or even a page on the Wiki listing who's got what to work.  But, in general, CVSNT and anti-virus programs don't work that well together.

		- Peter