[cvsnt] Problem with Team/Share Project in Eclipse

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 5 16:53:36 GMT 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:50:09 -0300, "Daymel Marrero"
<dmarrero at altec-santander.com> wrote:

>   Hello Bob
>
>    I have the same problem with = Eclipse 2.1.2 y CVSNT. Do you find any
>   answer about it?

If you mean this

>"CVSNT repository ':pserver:mylogin at localhost:/test' is configured to use a
>repository prefix. However, CVSNT does not always properly communicate
>resource paths in this mode resulting in the failure of some specialized
>Eclipse CVS operations. The use of a repository prefix should be disable if
>the full functionality of the Eclipse CVS client is desired."

This is an eclipse bug.  It doesn't even check (The only client/server
communication that point is a 'version' command).  Basically it says
'if the server is CVSNT, then fail'.  There isn't a lot that CVSNT can
do (possibly lie in its version string, but I'm not getting into silly
stuff like that).