[cvsnt] Program abnormally terminated during login

eelco.klaver at planet.nl eelco.klaver at planet.nl
Fri Feb 6 09:43:11 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm happily using CVSNT client on XP to connect to our CVS server (version 1.11.11) on AIX. The only thing is that our AIX system administrators are alerted each time I do a cvs login via pserver, since that will apparently create an error-log entry and a core dump on the server. The thing is that on the client I don't notice anything and I'm still logged into CVS and can perform all other actions succesfully. Using the standard CVS client doesn't give any problems, but then I can't use all the nice tools that are using CVSNT. Is this a known issue or am I the only one experiencing this?

Regards, Eelco

P.S. Here is some extra information from the dump:

Detail Data

SIGNAL NUMBER
          11
USER'S PROCESS ID:
                327706
FILE SYSTEM SERIAL NUMBER
           5
INODE NUMBER
       37021
PROCESSOR ID
           0
CORE FILE NAME
/tmp/cvs-serv327706/core
PROGRAM NAME
cvs
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
expand_ca 24
catopen D4
__assert_ 30
stdio_buf 250
buf_shutd 48
server_cl 148
error_exi 40
error 2F0
main_clea 80
SIG_handl 50
??
??

Symptom Data
REPORTABLE
1
INTERNAL ERROR
0
SYMPTOM CODE
PCSS/SPI2 FLDS/cvs SIG/11 FLDS/expand_ca VALU/24 FLDS/stdio_buf