[cvsnt] Win EXE installer locking up on NT4

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 11 00:23:28 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Tony Hoyle wrote:
>
>> Not really...  It's possible there's an installer bug, but since I
>> haven't seen this behaviour it's difficult to say.  Is this a new
>> install or upgrade, and which version?
>>
> Upgrading from 2.0.11 to 2.0.26.  Server is running LockServer and
> ViewCVS as well (already tried shutting down CVSNT, Lock Server, and IIS
> first but same result).
>
> I can just overwrite the binaries, but thought if there's something I
> can check to help out while it's hung up I would offer.

See if there's any processes running that look suspicious during the
hang.  The only thing I could possibly think of is the net stop commands
at the start, which shouldn't do anything if the server is shut down anyway.

If you're going to do a manual install on NT4 you'll need the NT4
version of secur32.dll from the latest sysfiles.zip too, otherwise sspi
won't work.