[cvsnt] SSPI can't authenticate

Richard Banks rbanks at arel.com
Thu Feb 12 04:35:28 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm running CVS 2.0.14 on a Win2K box with Active Directory.
SSPI has been working very nicely for the past month or so until
yesterday. I now get this message:

c:\Program Files\cvsnt> cvs -d :sspi:localhost:/Repo version
cvs [version aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot
agree on an
 authentication scheme (got '')

It happens from clients machines and from the command prompt on the
server itself.

Does anyone know of a reason that this might suddenly start happening
now?  System DLLs changed, files missing, etc?

By the way, I've since tried upgrading to 2.0.26 but it made no difference.

Any help is very appreciated,
Richard.