[cvsnt] ongoing problems building on Solaris (SunOS 5.8) 8

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 12 11:17:25 GMT 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:39:35 +1100, Carl Brewer
<carl at bl.echidna.id.au> wrote:

>Hello Tony et al,
>
>I'm reasonably regularly pulling down your releases and
>trying to build them on my Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8) SPARC
>server, but since 2.0.12 have been unable to successfully
>compile a release.

It's mentioned on the wiki that it doesn't work on Solaris.

I managed to get a copy myself and tried it and was unable to get it
to work.  It needs a solaris expert to port it... there are too many
differences in the build environment and I have no idea how to resolve
them.