[cvsnt] NetGetAnyDCName vs NetGetDCName

Chris Little cslittle at mac.com
Fri Feb 13 19:31:13 GMT 2004

in article qeup205s14fv69fn2k8vrcc5ub6h7v4640 at 4ax.com, Tony Hoyle at
tmh at nodomain.org wrote on 2/13/04 11:27 AM:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:15:27 -0500, Chris Little <cslittle at mac.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I get the error
>>
>> cannot create read lock in repository 'D:/PROD-CVS/APE/APE/(docs)': No such
>> file or directory.
>
> This has nothing to do with pserver...  Your repository is configured
> incorrectly.  It looks like you have a LockDir set but the directory
> doesn't exist.  Delete that line in the config and use LockServer
> instead.
>
> The brackets around docs are suspicious too... I'm not sure that is a
> valid filename.
>
> Tony

Both the LockDir and LockServer lines in the config file were commented out.
Once I removed the comment from the LockServer line I could do a checkout
with pserver and domain\user username.  The LockDir directory actually
existed which is probably why the other protocols worked.

Impersonation and pserver must play some role because if I use a user name
without a domain I can do a checkout and a commit.

In any case everything is working now.

Thanks,

Chris