[cvsnt] How to make cvsnt perform better?

Morten Joehnk no at mail.for.me
Fri Feb 13 20:31:42 GMT 2004

Hi

The cvsnt server in my organization is beginning to get slow - more users
and more files, and the last couple of cvsnt versions seems to perform worse
than before.

It looks like the cvs temp directory is a bottleneck - even though its on a
fast 15k SCSI disk. The server is a dual 933 MHz P3 with 512 MB RAM and
repository, OS (Win2003 Server) and tempdir on different drives. We are
about 50 users, and there are 1.4 GB in the repository in 30000 files/6000
folders.

Any hints on what to do to speed things up? We are using SSPI and PSERVER
protocols and lockserver is enabled.

BTW: LockServer seems to slow thing down a bit around 20% less throughput
when it is enabled.

Thanks in advance

/MJ