[cvsnt] Problem with Mergepoints

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Mon Feb 16 14:22:24 GMT 2004

> From: Glen Starrett [mailto:grstarrett at cox.net]
>
> In order for mergepoints to work, you need CVSNT on the
> client as well
> as the server, and both need to be a version released within the last
> year (or so).  Anything in the 2.0.x series will work, with
> the latest
> in the series having a bit nicer behavior when merging entire
> branches
> (search for "null delta" for more background on that).  Also
> note that
> some front-ends come bundled with a specific version of cvsnt that,
> depending on the version of that front end, might not have a recent
> enough client.

Thanks for your comments Glen. I'm running CVS-NT v2.0.24 and WinCVS
1.3.15.1. Mergepoints work exactly as they should do most of the time. I
know about the null delta patch, I think it was some questions from me that
prompted the most recent discussion of it.

The only time I cannot get mergepoints to work is when a file is added to
one branch and then merged across to another branch. Both branches were in
existence before the file was added. Does this exact scenario work ok for
you?

Regards,
Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QN, UK

Please note that my email domain has changed from @anitetelecoms.com to
@anite.com
Registered in England No. 1721900 Registered Office: 353 Buckingham Avenue,
Slough, Berkshire SL1 4PF, United Kingdom

Scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.