[cvsnt] Problem with Mergepoints

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 17 17:35:20 GMT 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:21:29 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>I think I see what you mean.  If there was a way to have the mergepoint
>recorded on the 1st commit on a new branch from a merge (in the example
>below, 1.1.4.1) it would resolve this but there's no entries at that
>point, which is what the server uses to trigger the mergepoint record.
>Right?

The only entires entry on a new file is:

/a.txt/0/dummy timestamp//Tfoo

This is a special record that's never sent to the server.

I'll have to look at what happens if you try to send the entries.extra
data on a new file (even whether it's do-able).  Without that ability
there's no point in transmitting a mergepoint to the client as you
can't send it back.