[cvsnt] Re: CVSView RCS error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Feb 20 19:23:30 GMT 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:13:43 -0000, "Ariel Machado"
<ariel at escripovoa.pt> wrote:

>Excuse this off-topic, but I am thankful to somebody had east problem that
>says to me like solving it.
>
>CVSView had installed on a Win2003 Server, IIS6. In theory, it does not use
>RCS tools, use directly cvs.exe, as it indicates on installer of Bo
>Berglund.
>
>When it is tried to browse a module, it generates east error:
>
>Python Traceback
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>File "C:\CVS\ViewCvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 2467, in main
>request.run_viewcvs()
>File "C:\CVS\ViewCvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 335, in run_viewcvs
>self.view_func(self)
>File "C:\CVS\ViewCvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 1132, in view_directory
>request.repos.dirlogs(request.path_parts, file_data, options)
>File "C:\CVS\ViewCvs\lib\vclib\bincvs\__init__.py", line 160, in dirlogs
>alltags = _get_logs(self, dirpath, entries, tag, subdirs)
>File "C:\CVS\ViewCvs\lib\vclib\bincvs\__init__.py", line 783, in _get_logs
>raise vclib.Error('Rlog output ended early. Expected RCS file "%s"'
>Error: Rlog output ended early. Expected RCS file
>"C:/CVS/repositories/test\balancas\clsCommandMT.cls,v"
>

>I thank for suggestions,
>
>Regards,
>
>Ariel Machado.-

You are talking about ViewCvs, not CVSView right?
Anyway if you open the Viewcvs/lib/debug.py file in an editor and
change the setting for SHOWCHILDPROCESSES from 0 to 1 and save the
file, then there will be more disgnostic output on your browser when
things like this happens.

But Windows 2003 is really a bitch to work with because of all the
lockdowns. How did you instell ViewCvs? Did you use my installer? If
so, which version?
Only in the last published version (f) have I managed to cover all of
the security aspects of the installation, and that is only if you
check the (unchecked by default) "set account permissions" checkbox.

Specifically if you have not used this installer or did not check the
checkbox I think that you have a number of security things to set
manually (or uninstall ViewCvs and use the installer version f to
bring it back on again).

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)