[cvsnt] sspi authentication bug?

jon lennard jlennard at mesatechpartners.com
Sat Feb 21 04:38:36 GMT 2004

I am testing using CVS SCC proxy and connecting to CVSNT using sspi over a
VPN.

I execute the following command where mydomain\myaccount is a valid account
on
the cvs server:

    cvs -d :sspi:mydomain\myaccount at cvsservermachine:/cvsrepository login

and am prompted for my domain account password.  Just what I expect.
What surprises me is if I logout and then execute the login command with no
account
information, i.e.

   cvs -d :sspi:cvsservermachine:/cvsrepository  login

I am prompted for a password and can choose to just hit return or enter
nonsense,
but I STILL login successfully even though my local account means nothing to
the
cvs server.  What am I not understanding?

Jon Lennard
jlennard at mesatechpartners.com