[cvsnt] Problem with cvstemp

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jan 1 16:52:28 GMT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 10:15:53 -0600, "Paul Higgs (CA/EUS)"
<paul.higgs at ericsson.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Some of my cvs users are getting the message
>cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directory D:\Data\CVS\cvstemp/cvs-serv400a: Permission denied
>when they try any action towards my cvs server while others don't.
>
>I do not have any special permissions on the D:\data\cvs directory except full control for Admins and SYSTEM
>
>Anyone have some ideas...

Glen has already given one tip, I just want to add another one that
will help against the lock file problems:

You should enable the lockserver on your CVSNT installation.
This is done in two steps:
1. Install and start the lockserver service (is probably already done)
2. Enable the lockserver by checking out and modifying the
CVSROOT/config file from each repository served by your CVSNT server:
Put this line into the file:
LockServer=localhost:2402

Still the users and SYSTEM needs permission to write the intermediate
files into the repository itself, but the handling of the lockfiles
will be solved by the lockserver.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)