[cvsnt] Problem with cvstemp

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 2 13:30:05 GMT 2004

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:21:33 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>I'm using cacls for this and I don't think it comes from the resource
>kit. I belive that it is an integral part of the NT4-W2000-XP etc
>distribution. There was once (or still is) a program called XCACLS
>that was/is included with NT resource kit and is said to be enhanced
>in some ways. But the basic function of cacls is OK for setting the
>permissions on a temp dir.

I found a much better program called setacl.  cacls wouldn't work
anyway because for example 'Administrators' is called different things
on different language versions.  setacl lets you set the acl based on
the well known SID and do other funky things like much around with the
inheritence.

Of course there isn't a lot to be done if the user doesn't have read
access to the parent directories of the temp directory...