[cvsnt] Latest Updates

Hiroshi Kuribara jr3hkrbr at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Jan 4 11:15:45 GMT 2004

Tony wrote:

> cvsnt 2.0.19
>
> * ls -T and log -T work to the client's timezone now.
> * RCS last checkin time stored in Entries.Extra is now in time_t format,
> so it's easy for frontents to read/format.
> * If a previously erased file is re-added, honour the expansion option
> of the new file.
> * On OS >Win2k Installation attempts to create a temporary directory and
> set permissions on it rather than use the default.
> * General bug fixes.

I checck with unicode things with 2.0.19.
It seems much better now.

I found only 1 bug on Win2K.
When importing unicode file in :local: mode,
Repository or checkouted file has extra bytes at tail.

Client/Server-mode, It's OK.

By the way, I noticed two things with recent cvsnt.
1. Repositry has filename line, like
     filename    @test.txt@;
2. Attic-in/out file move doesn't happen with remove or re-add on trunc.

I'd like to know why these changes needed.

With japanese or chinese, filename often produces problem
because of character-encoding on windows.
So we japanese often use sjis-patched cvs.

I imagine the filename is for future renaming ability
like subversion.
If so, I hope you add filename line at the time you need.

/Hiroshi