[cvsnt] Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jan 4 14:51:38 GMT 2004

Hiroshi Kuribara wrote:

> By the way, I noticed two things with recent cvsnt.
> 1. Repositry has filename line, like
>      filename    @test.txt@;

That's for rename support in the future... best to start recording them now.

> 2. Attic-in/out file move doesn't happen with remove or re-add on trunc.

That's deliberate - I've been depreciating the attic for a while now (it's
just an anacronism from the old RCS days) - hopefully I'll be able to
remove it completely in a future revision.  CVS hasn't really needed the
attic for years - it currently just looks in both places for every file.

> With japanese or chinese, filename often produces problem
> because of character-encoding on windows.
> So we japanese often use sjis-patched cvs.

That's probably not a fixable problem in the short term - Windows doesn't
degrade Unicode filenames nicely and the various workarounds I've tried all
have potential compatibility issues.