[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt 2.0.19, cvs up -C works only for :local:

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Jan 5 13:56:47 GMT 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:

> But isn't this what WinCvs always uses when doing an update/get clean
> copy?

Yes, it is. I have also never ever had any problems with it so far and
I use it quite often.

However, I could confirm that it no longer works with the CVSNT 2.0.19
client, both against a local :sspi: repo (obviously also with 2.0.19 as
server), against a remote :sspi: 2.0.7 repo and against Sourceforge via
:pserver: and :ssh: alike.

Using :sspi: against the local 2.0.19 repo the error message is a
different one:

cvs -z9 -q update -C test.txt
cvs [update aborted]: cannot create .#test.txt.2.6 for copying:
Permission denied

In the other three cases the error message is the same as what the
original reporter quoted.

Cheers,

--
Oliver