[cvsnt] Error setting users in CVS server

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Jan 8 18:25:49 GMT 2004

wrong commands. Use:
set CVSROOT=:sspi:<machinename>:/test
or
set CVSROOT=:pserver:<username>@>machinename>:/test
(depends on which protocol you use for your own connection when preparing the pserver users)

Then the next command is also wrong! Use:

cvs passwd -r cvsuser -a testuser

The switches -a and -r must each be followed by the parameter (username)

To test connectivity have you checked:
cvs ls

This should give you a list of the repository modules, at least CVSROOT shall be shown.
If this does not succeeed then you must fix your connection before you continue with the passwd stuff.

/Bo