[cvsnt] authentication failed

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jan 8 23:38:39 GMT 2004

David Somers wrote:

> as you can see, I've got three root repositories, test, turnip, and
> potato. (well, what else would you call your test roots!)
>
> I can always get at test.
>
> turnip and potato only work when I *omit* my username(and I am currently
> logged in under that username)

You presumably did a "cvs login" on the first one, and it's using that
password.  As you're not authenticated under that username on the other
repositories, it blows you off.

You're probably not really logged in under that username (or you could be
using XP Home, or have enabled 'Broken File Sharing' aka. 'Simple File
Sharing' which totally breaks authentication).

With SSPI it's best never to use your username unless there's a really good
reason to do so.