[cvsnt] Feature request/bug related to "run_command()"

Alexander Schremmer usenet2003d at alexanderweb.de
Fri Jan 9 09:37:05 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am annoyed at some behaviour of CVSNT: every invocation of helper
programs defined in the administrative files like notify force CVSNT to use
cmd.exe and therefore open a (in most cases) blank console window on Win
NT. Why does CVSNT need to distinguish between NT and non-NT at this point?
(run.c/common.c - "run_command()")
IMHO it should be possible to just launch the stored command directly on
both platforms. If somebody needs some cmd.exe internal commands, he can
still enhance the command line by "cmd.exe /c " in the administrative
files. If you don't want to remove this cmd.exe call, i suggest to pass
STARTUPINFO.wShowWindow := SW_HIDE to the CreateProcess() call.
Maybe this is related to cmd.exe-needs-full-rights problem presented in
<btk4u7$3ta$1 at sisko.local.nodomain.org>.
I am using the current CVSNT version.

Do you need a patch? I could prepare it.

Kind regards,
Alexander