[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: Cannot access /usr/local/cvsroot/usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT: No such file

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 9 13:50:29 GMT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 05:18:47 -0800 (PST), Paul Warner
<paulwwarner at yahoo.com> wrote:

>If I remove /usr/local/cvsroot from the CVSROOT on my
>test wincvs client or tortoisecvs client, it complains
>that it needs a cvsroot directory, but if I put it in,
>then it appears 2x.

It sounds like you have a repository prefix set to /usr/local/cvsroot.
In this instance you would probably set it to /usr/local and use the
directory of /cvsroot.

>But only the windows clients insist on having the
>directory - in other words, if I leave
>/usr/local/cvsroot off the linux client, it checks out
>fine.

That's probably a client issue - I'd expect it to work OK from the
command line... however it's not the usual way to configure CVS (the
way you have it now you can only ever have one repository).