[cvsnt] Concerning the wiki'ized CVSNT Cederqvist...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Jan 9 15:18:56 GMT 2004

While I welcome the separation of the monolithic document into separate
Wiki pages for each chapter, I have some concerns:

- The links are currently plain ugly (probably the result of an
incomplete conversion script): Instead of the link text itself being
linked it is prefixed with a text of the form "CvsChapter###" which
then carries the link. This makes text unreadable and especially the
navigation headers/footers highly unusable.

- The Chapter URLs are rather "unfriendly" for quickly pasting them
into mails or other referring documents like FAQs, etc... There is
absolutely no relation between the URL and the actual chapter title or
even its TOC numeric identifier. I'm posting links to this document
quite often (all of which are invalid now BTW) and the old anchor
scheme actually allowed to memorize some of the more often used ones,
e.g. http://www.cvsnt.org/cvs.html#cvsignore or
http://www.cvsnt.org/cvs.html#modules just to name a few) , so I didn't
have to check the actual document everytime.

I currently feel I do not know enough about Wiki (yet) to judge what
alternatives would be sensible or how hard they would be to implement.
I am hoping that someone (maybe myself) comes up with something quick
as I'd like to update the currently broken links in the CVSGUI FAQ ASAP
but I don't want to have to do it all over again next week...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org