[cvsnt] SServer question

Anne Bonham abonham at gnx.com
Fri Jan 9 18:43:40 GMT 2004

We have CVSNT working with the pserver method and all is well. But we're
trying to make it so clients (WinCVS) only connect to the UNIX CVSNT server
via the sserver method. This is all behind firewall.

I'm finding bits and pieces of information but am having a hard time getting
the full picture of what we need to do to implement this.

When I set the PServer file (in the ~/cvsnt/etc/cvsnt directory) to require
encrypted authentication ("4"), it prevents the client from connecting even
though we are specifying the sserver method at login. I see in this PServer
file where one sets the path to the PEM certificate - is this required? How
does one generate or find this certificate?

I'm not 100% sure we are really specifying sserver from the client side
(I'll be posting to the WinCVS list as well). My connect string looks like
this:

:sserver:abonham at cvs01:/u01/apps/cvsnt/cvsroot

...and it allows me to connect (but for all I know maybe it's still just
using the pserver method)

What am I missing?

Anne

Anne Bonham | Release Manager
+1 415.283.3745 (o) | +1 415.218.7805 (c)
abonham at gnx.com | abonham (yim)
GlobalNetXchange, LLC | 333 Bush Street 18th Floor
San Francisco | CA | 94104