[cvsnt] Re: cygwin ssh server and author being set to SYSTEM

Pavel Goran pvgoran.ml at macondo.ru
Sun Jan 11 07:30:43 GMT 2004

Hello Tony,
Sunday, January 11, 2004, 5:10:00 AM, you wrote:

TH> Pavel Goran wrote:
>> There  are several potential issues with this solution. First, OpenSSH
>> may  be  run under an user different from 'SYSTEM'. In order to handle

TH> The bug is in Cygwin/OpenSSH - fix it there.  CVSNT is behaving
TH> correctly.  There is a way to do it properly in Win2003... in theory
TH> Cygwin could implement that (maybe it'll get into XP in a service pack..
TH> we can live in hope).
I  understand  your  unwillingness  to  alter  the  (formally) correct
behaviour  of  CVSNT. However, it may take long time for the bug to be
fixed  in  Cygwin (and it may turn out to work only in Win2k3), and in
CVSNT it can be worked around with only slight modifications.

After  all,  what  is more important - formal correctness or real (and
useful) functionality?

Pavel Goran