[cvsnt] Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jan 11 23:46:13 GMT 2004

cvsnt 2.0.20

* Partial merge of some OSX compile fixes.  I'll do the rest before the
next release.
* Attempt to check if the tag exists already on import.  This isn't
ideal - import isn't a batch operation so if half your files have the
tag you'll get a half the import working and half not...  it's probably
better than the alternative though.
* Got the wrong mergepoint if two branches from the same root were
merged and one was unused, and there was a mergepoint in the parent branch.
* Explicity force SW_HIDE in server commands.
* In the refetch cycle (when patches fail during update) disconnect from
the server and reconnect as there's a bug in the core CVS that sends the
wrong update directory sometimes.  1.10.8 used to do this, and I suspect
this is why.
* Work on the checkout atomicity - there were still some cases where a
checkout wouldn't be a frozen image of the repository.. Tracked these
down and removed them.
* Improve compatibility with jCVS Library (as used by SmartCVS etc.).
When zipping it sends a single block, half uncompressed and half not...
this worked on Unix CVS because of another bug which caused it to read
everything a byte at a time...  Unfortunately I fixed that bug a few
versions sgo, which exposed this one.
* Committing in an ACL protected directory won't throw an error unless
you actually modify one of the files.  This helps if you have read-only
subtrees that don't change.