[cvsnt] Problem with Team/Share Project in Eclipse

Bob Herriot bob at herriot.com
Mon Jan 12 07:44:21 GMT 2004

I have installed CVS and Eclipse (Version: 2.1.2 Build id: 200311030802) on
Windows 2000. I followed the CVS installation notes.

I have a Repository defined via CVSNT with a repository prefix of
"d:/cvsrepo and a "valid repository root" of "/test".

I have a Repository location defined via Eclipse with a connection type of
"pserver". In Eclipse I can see the files in the Repository locations. The
CVS server seems to be working. The install web page recommends "sspi"
instead of "pserver", but Eclipse doesn't support a "sspi" option.

Here is the problem. I cannot "share" an Elipse project with CVS. Now the
details.

When I select a project in the Navigator and select the pop-up menu
operation of "Team/Share Project ." a dialog window appears. I select the
Repository location and depress "Finish". A "Password Required" window
pops-up. When I fill in a password and accept it, another window "Problem
occurred" pops-up and the problem is
"CVSNT repository ':pserver:mylogin at localhost:/test' is configured to use a
repository prefix. However, CVSNT does not always properly communicate
resource paths in this mode resulting in the failure of some specialized
Eclipse CVS operations. The use of a repository prefix should be disable if
the full functionality of the Eclipse CVS client is desired."

When I depress "OK", I'm back to the dialog box where I have repeat the
process of "Finish" following by the request for a password and the "Problem
occurred" window.

This seems like a bug. Does anyone have suggestions for a work-around.

Thanks.