[cvsnt] Re: Vss2cvs.pl preformance

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jan 12 23:12:01 GMT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:41:17 +0100, Björn Carlsson
<bc_remove_ at passagen.se> wrote:

>I switched machine runing Vss2cvs.pl from a 350 MHz to an AMD 2400+ and
>that improved preformance by about 25 to 35 times. :o)
>
>The slow machine has been buisy since 19th of Dec, and today I
>calculated the remaining time to be at least 70 more days.
>
>But now it will be finished in a few days.

You're kidding! Are you running the convert script and it will run for
a number of months? What is it you are converting, the full source of
Windows with all the build versions or similar? Or is VSS as slow as
that? (Never used VSS myself).
Incredible....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)