[cvsnt] Re: Vss2cvs.pl preformance

Björn Carlsson bc_remove_ at passagen.se
Tue Jan 13 22:50:28 GMT 2004

I have a newer vss2cvs.pl:
ftp://bc@ftp.passagen.se/favoriter/vss2cvs.zip
in this zip file I added a few of the cygwin files (thank you
www.cygwin.com) needed. I put all these files in perl\bin\ (or some
other dir in your path).
Install perl (I used activeperl-5.6.1.633-mswin32-x86.msi)

And of course install cvsnt. Set environment variable CVSROOT, ssdir,
ssuser.
Start a console window (perhaps set the properties to make it a bit more
wide, and with maximum buffer to see a lot of the history)

Make a batch file like this for example:

vss2cvs.pl "SSPROJ=CEZAR\CezarSW\AxControls" >>Cezar.log
vss2cvs.pl "SSPROJ=CEZAR\ThirdParty" >>Cezar.log
echo "Don't forget massagecoment.pl"
pause