[cvsnt] using CVS_GETPASS

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jan 22 17:04:59 GMT 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:49:43 +0100 (CET), Pavel Stehule
<stehule at kix.fsv.cvut.cz> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have to write simple CVS wrapper, and I have a problems with login. I
>found something about env var CVS_GETPATH and protocol (patch) cvsgui. But
>it don't work :-((.

Just login once and let CVS handle the passwords.  That's what login
is for - there's no reason to script it.

If you must you can put the password in the cvsroot string, but if
you're going to do that you might as well disable the password on the
account anyway, as it's easy to find out.