[cvsnt] Re: Best practice: Creating "guest" account with CVSNT

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jan 22 20:54:12 GMT 2004

Tim Adler wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> In many OpenSource projects, it is common to have an CVS-guest account,
> where people are allowed to access and checkout from the repository, but
> cannot change anything in it.
> I would like to have such an account on my CVSNT.
>
> What is best practice to do so? I only managed to create another full-access
> acount with NT-users.

Create a user with guest privileges, logon from network only (not
interactively), and add their name to the 'readers' file.  If you're
primarily using pserver for the access, then you can obuscate it a bit
by using a name alias with no password so the external name has no
relation to the internal login.