[cvsnt] CVS_PASSFILE

juha at tietolaite.com juha at tietolaite.com
Fri Jan 23 08:31:54 GMT 2004

Hey all,

We have a problem with default feature of cvsnt to store user passwords to Windows
Registry. We have public access to our computer and we use Novell for user logins.
We don't have trust in Windows registry safety so we would prever storing user
passwords on Novell home-drives.

So is there any way on newest versions of cvsnt to set where cvsnt stores user
passwords instead of registry. In older versions of cvsnt password was stored to
.cvspass file defined in CVS_PASSFILE environment variable. I think that was good
option instead of registry.

We would really like to upgrade cvsnt to newest versions but storing password into a
file is more important fact in our case.