[cvsnt] Re: moving repository

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Fri Jan 23 15:24:50 GMT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:05:55 -0500, Dn <kumar_anjaly at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Thanks Bo
>
>   I am new user to CVS and  just started using it a month back.
>
>   I am not using any scripts directly.
>
>   We are using WSAD to connect with CVS,
>
>    AS you said if  I just copy the files to the new PC ,attach the
>repository and then change the repository location in WSAD it should
>work right??
>
>I will try it out
>
>THanks anyway
>DN

Remember that any already checked out files on the client will still
refer to the old server. To change this you have to delete the project
files and check out clean from the new server.
Alternatively you can edit all CVS\Root files found below your top
project file folder and change the server name in these files.
If you had used WinCvs instead of WSAD then you could have used the
macro ChangeCVSROOT of course.

/Bo Berglund