[cvsnt] Last call for bugs on 2.0.21...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jan 26 13:11:25 GMT 2004

Hiroshi Kuribara wrote:

> Our projects have most of CRLF texts and some of LF texts.
> And we regist LF files as binary.

-kL would probably be more useful, or store everything with CR/LF and
use a -k option when updating the LF files.

> It's kind of data, sometimes removed or added.
> We really need to keep file format.
> If simple 'cvs add' might affect past or other branch,
> it's difficult to manage our projects with cvs.

You can't affect the past - once a file is stored its encoding is
unchangable.  It's a limitation of CVS that you can't have different
encodings on different live branches - that's always been true.  CVSNT
at least preserves the history which is an improvement.  If you're
mixing like that your choice has always been to break one or other of
the branches.

The old way you'd delete a file and maybe a couple of months later a new
file would be generated with the same name, and it would have the wrong
encoding - that's wrong behaviour - sometimes file formats change
between text and binary and it should happen seamlessly.