[cvsnt] SSPI on Linux

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jan 27 22:18:06 GMT 2004

torsten at tiscali.dk wrote:

> I'm trying to get :sspi: working on my Debian box.
>
> I have the :pserver: setup working, but when I try using SSPI I get
>
>    cvs [checkout aborted]: [server aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN
> SSPI
>
> The installation has created a sspi_protocol.so in /usr/local/lib/cvsnt,
> so it looks like the protocol should be enabled.

SSPI on Linux is client only - there isn't the framework to handle the
server side (it would require hooking into samba I think).  It also
doesn't support encryption... rather crippled but enough for Linux to
talk SSPI to a Windows server.

sserver and gserver are possibilities though, and of course you have the
option of an ssh server.