[cvsnt] Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp... Socket Failed

sapelli gordo at gordo.com
Wed Jan 28 12:37:22 GMT 2004

Hi, i found many question about this problem on google, but i can't find a
solution.

Well, i have running a WinXP Pro without firewall and without AV.

I've installed cvsnt according with this page:
http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html

I cant log on my cvs, I think the problem is the cvs could not create a
server on 2401 port. I checked and I have no programs using that port. Can
anyone help me? With a link or a tip.

when I run cvsservice -teste the output is this:

D:\Documents and Settings\itambei>cvsservice -test
CVS 2.0.14 (Dec 10 2003) starting in test mode.
TEMP/TMP currently set to D:\CVS\CVSTEMP
Initialising socket...ok
*WARNING* Impersonation is disabled - all file access will be done as System
use
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
Socket Failed (Handle=ffffffff Family=23,Socktype=1,Protocol=6): Foi usado
um en
dereþo incompatÝvel com o protocolo solicitado.  (not fatal)
Starting named pipe server...
Registering service SPN... failed (Error 1332)
CVS initialised successfully

thanks a lot

sapelli