[cvsnt] MKS to CVS

Boyd Meier bmeier at acornsys.com
Wed Jan 28 20:11:02 GMT 2004

	Sadly enough, I've done this in the distant past.  It was pretty
simple, except for binary files and some fun with tags.  The MKS files
are in rcs format, so text files transferred fine.
	The binary format was different, and I had to write a script to
convert the rcs file appropriately.  Unfortunately, I can't find the
script on a quick look.  Look at the rcs file (the *,v file) for a
binary file to determine the differences.  I seem to remember it was a
basic change, but I don't remember what the difference was.
	The tag issue is relatively minor.  MKS allows characters in
tag/branch names that RCS doesn't, so it URL encodes the tag name before
storing it in the RCS file.  CVS doesn't do this, so a tag with a space
in it, for example, will show up in CVS with the space replaced by %20.
You just have to make sure that you don't expect the spaces to be there.

	Boyd