[cvsnt] sspi rejects access when nt domain password changes

Ryan Melville ryan_melville at soniqcastREMOVE.com
Thu Jan 29 17:10:10 GMT 2004

Hi Hakan,

Have you learned any more about this?  I too changed my domain password and
now WinCVS give me this:
cvs -x log source.cpp (in directory C:\Sw\)

cvs [log aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs: cvs [server
aborted]: Authentication failed

When I, for example, try to get the revision graph for a file.

On the client I have rebooted, used Logout and Login successfully (supplied
new password to WinCVS during Login).  I also made sure the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Sofware\Cvsnet\cvspass registry key was empty and tried
again.

On the CVSNT server I've stopped and restarted the services to no avail.

If you found any more information I would appreciate the tip as I'm stuck!

[CVSNT 2.0.8; WinCVS 1.3.13.1; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP Pro; SSPI]

Thanks,
Ryan

news:mailman.11.1074666302.472.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...