[cvsnt] pserver change (??) between 2.0.10 and 2.0.23

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jan 29 21:03:12 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> You don't need a cvs file in pam.d as it'll fall back to 'other'
> instead (which is what I use on the main cvs repository).  Of course
> if your 'other' file isn't setup to let anyone in then it won't
> work....  On debian it file looks like:
>
> auth     required       pam_unix.so
> account  required       pam_unix.so
> password required       pam_unix.so
> session  required       pam_unix.so
>
> ...which is pretty much a standard configuration.

I guess RH decided to change the standard configuration.... I didn't
find anything in the release notes, but now other is all pointing to
pam_deny.so :(.  I did add a new file called cvs with the listing above
and it works like a charm.   MUCH better.  Thanks!

...Now that InstallationLinux page can get some updates...