[cvsnt] Refer to branch tag to get all trunk revs at time of branch?

Chris Morris cvsnt at clabs.org
Thu Jul 1 18:15:43 BST 2004

If I've got:

+-----+    +-----+    +-----+    +-----+    +-----+
! 1.1 !----! 1.2 !----! 1.3 !----! 1.4 !----! 1.5 !
+-----+    +-----+    +-----+    +-----+    +-----+
                 !
                 !   +---------+    +---------+
Branch MyBR  -> +---! 1.2.2.1 !----! 1.2.2.2 !
                     +---------+    +---------+

and I do a:

   cvs update -r MyBR

then, of course, I get rev 1.2.2.2, tip of the branch.

How can (Can I) use this branch tag to retrieve rev 1.2? I want to be
able to refer to every trunk rev at the time of the branch when doing an
update (with either the -r or -j switches).

 >cvs -v

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.34 (client/server)

--
Chris
http://clabs.org